Hey… Sometimes you just gotta get “There”.
Today We Have The Data For MilliLiters Of Ethanol(The Drug In Alcoholic Drinks) Per Dollar Spent To Find Out The Most Cost Effective Drinks.
MilliLiters don’t mean much, so we calculated the number of drinks per dollar using a 45ml shot of 0.40% vodka = 18ml of pure ethanol, per 1 drink.
Drinks Per Dollar
- MilliLiters (1.75L=1750ml) of Booze * percentage of alcohol as a fraction(40%=0.40) = 700 ml ethanol in the container.
- 700ml of ethanol / 24$ bottle = 29ml ethanol per dollar
- 29ml ethanol / 18ml pure ethanol in 1 drink = 1.62 drinks per dollar.
I learned something very important here: Yep, I can handle Smirnoff.
Doing this has brought to light how special “Specials” really are at bars. That $2.50, 12 oz beer gives you 0.44 Drinks Per Dollar (not including tip). Anyone want to pregame? 😛
- Make it Cold – Lower temperatures lower the vaporization pressure of ethanol. This means less evaporates into your nose, meaning you taste it less. Add some ice.
- Lime/Lemon – As talked about in the 5 cooking cheat codes, Vitamin C is something your body needs to survive. A squeeze of lemon will make your body like the drink better.
- Salt – Similar to Lime/Lemon, your body needs Sodium to regulate blood pressure, you need salt or you die. Salt around the rim, a sprinkle in a drink, or add pop to it.
- Sugar – Your body tastes sugar as quick energy. Like Limes and Sugar, your body craves it.
Next time I’ll factor in the lemon needed.
What do you think? How low can you go? What product should I study and add next? Comment below.
Want More Efficiency? I do the math for everything – you get the results, you save time and money.
Get Our Newsletter For Free: