Protein Powder Per Dollar – Guide To Efficient Protein
The question came up, what is the most Cost Efficient source of Protein Powder. Today engineering, math, and data collection answers that question.
Instant, Low Cost, Healthy
I often use Protein Powder as an quick, high protein meal replacement.
That is a calculator watch 🙂
It’s really not that exciting but:
- 1 scoop of Whey Protein(20g Protein)
- 8oz or 1 Cup (Whole) Milk
- Veggies or a fruit.
- Faster than ‘fast’ food
- 2x more affordable than the lowest cost fast food (Little Caesar’s 5 Dollar Pizza – 21 g Protein Per Dollar)
- Healthy and full of Protein.
Think of it nutritionally like eating a few chicken legs with veggies on the side. Depending on who you buy from, it can be a better value than chicken or far worse.
Being an engineer, we are going to use data to optimize the best value of Protein Per Dollar
The Math(Data is below):
We take the servings in a container, multiply that by the protein per serving, then divide that by the after tax cost.
Servings = 50
Protein Per Serving =24
Cost = $49.99 (online w/ free shipping)
The Data(By Best Value):
Download as Excel File
Using The Results
- Best Value 51g Protein Per Dollar – Costco with 6lb Cytosport/Muscle Milk Brand (DON’T GET THE VANILLA – traumatizing taste)
MyProtein Impact Whey 5.5lb was on par with Costco at 50g Protein Per Dollar
Hate to drop a referral, but MyProtein has a 25% off for new customers. That would make it 66g Protein Per Dollar.
- Buy in Bulk, better Protein Per Dollar and save on shipping costs.
- There is a HUGE range of Protein Per Dollar. Make sure you know what you are buying.
- I suggest trying a smaller size first, otherwise you might end up with an unfavorable tasting mix. I usually pick Unflavored or Chocolate.
- Chicken Breast – 50g Protein Per Dollar
- Milk – 50g Protein Per Dollar
- Eggs -45g Protein Per Dollar
- 80/20 Ground Beef – 30g Protein Per Dollar
- Lentils and Beans are 115g and 70g Protein Per Dollar respectively
Not on that list? It’s probably more expensive than a protein shake. Or click here for the Protein Per Dollar List.
Ready in <2 minutes
I do a daily protein shake, because Efficiency, but if you are trying it for the first time-
- Feel Lazy
- Make yourself a protein shake
- Eat a fruit or veggie
- Feel good about it
If you haven’t used protein from Costco or MyProtein – give it a try.
I use Factory Engineering Principles to make your daily life Efficient.
Join our newsletter for more updates like Vitamin Per Dollar and the expansion of Calorie Per Dollar to include every item at the grocery store.
Expand your Efficiency
Get more Efficiency to improve your daily life. Subscribe and get three slow cooker recipes designed to be low cost, quick and healthy.